Log in
Wednesday, 13 September 2017 23:18

Two Teens and Their Mom Die From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning After Running Generator Post Hurricane Irma

Written by  Alexia Fernandez

A family in Orange County, Florida suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning after Hurricane Irma swept through the state, leading to three dead and four in the hospital, PEOPLE confirms.

An Orange County Sheriff’s deputy arrived at the home Tuesday after a 911 call, but was overwhelmed by the fumes inside the residence, according to a statement obtained by PEOPLE.

Orange County Fire Rescue arrived and entered the home, discovering two individuals inside who were deceased. Another individual was treated outside of the home, but was later pronounced dead at the scene.

They were siblings Jan Lebron Diaz, 13; Kiara Lebron Diaz, 16; and their mother Desiree Diaz Molina, 34.

Molina’s other son, 12-year-old Louis Lebron Diaz, is recovering at Florida Hospital in Orlando, along with three family friends from Puerto Rico, police say. Louis made the call to 911.

RELATED VIDEO: St. John Mom Who Survived Irma Under Mattress Speaks Out: ‘The Smell of Death Is Overwhelming’

Police say a portable gas generator was found inside of the garage, which had been converted as an extension of the home, and was powering a refrigerator, a standalone freezer and two fans.

A neighbor, Maria Tuzzeo, told WFTV she was heartbroken by the deaths.

Read more at PeopleTVwatch

User comments

There are no user comments for this listing.

73°F

New York

Mostly Cloudy

Humidity: 71%

Wind: 18 mph

  • 21 Sep 2017 82°F 69°F
  • 22 Sep 2017 79°F 65°F
Don't Forget To Like BlabberBuzz