Review Detail

This is fake news,a Big Lie. Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for SNAP or any welfare programs. Only US citizens and legal immigrants can qualify.

The law specifically excludes unauthorized citizens: "SNAP eligibility has never been extended to undocumented non-citizens. https://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/Non-Citizen_Guidance_063011.pdf

Many anti-immigrant websites repeat this Big Lie. Politifact investigated whether the SNAP bureaucracy was violating the law. They found:
". the 1996 Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act, also barred unauthorized immigrants from drawing benefits.
..Title IV of the act, subheaded "restricting welfare and public benefits for aliens," states that "aliens who are not qualified aliens" are ineligible for "federal public benefits" and for "state and local public benefits." The act defines qualified aliens as people with certain legal documented immigration status, meaning unauthorized immigrants are not eligible.

We confirmed from eligibility rules posted on government websites that unauthorized immigrants aren’t eligible for major aid programs including Medicaid, the joint federal-state health coverage for people in poverty; Supplemental Security Income (SSI), which provides cash assistance to the impoverished elderly or disabled; Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), which used to be food stamps; housing assistance from the Department of Housing and Urban Development; and Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), which provides grants for state-administered family assistance programs like child care, cash assistance or counseling. "

Only US citizens and authorized non-citizens are eligible. There are roughly 3.5 million households in the US led by an immigrant denied legal status, with an average time of 12 years in the US. These household have about 5 milllion US citizen living in them, and THEY, like any other US citizen, are eligible for the $4.20 a day for food benefits and Medicaid......but not their parents.

Those promoting this Big Lie that "illegal aliens" are getting "foodstamps" are also often found wanting to discriminate against US citizens i because their parents have been denied legal status. Such people, along with those promoting these Nazi-style Big Lies, belong in prison for hate speech, promoting discrimination and/or violence by spreading vicious lies. This is the disgrace of our nation.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

4 results - showing 1 - 4  

Ordering 

Comments

Ordering 

Craig G Etter Written by Craig G Etter
July 12, 2017
@ Dale Ruff:
I don't know what theoretical world you are living in, but I live in San Antonio, Texas, and I can assure you that, legal or not, and government regulations be damned, a huge percentage of illegal foreign Nationals are accessing SNAP, Section 8,and all manner of welfare "benefits" and non-emergency medical care...
In reply to an earlier comment

Dale Ruff Written by Dale Ruff
July 12, 2017
They are not. Their US citizen children may be, as is their right as with any other US citizen. I challenge you to provide one shred of evidence that undocumented immigrants are getting any welfare benefits. You cannot. You are spreading vicious lies which you may well believe, in which case, you need to turn your ire against the assholes who are lying to you.

The only assistance unauthorized immigrants receive is emergency care at the ER.

You are dead wrong and if you can present evidence, you can take it to court and stop the violation of the law. But of course, you THINK you are right but you have no evidence.

Stop spreading lies, my friend. Only US citizens and some legal immigants are eligible. There has never been any evidence that welfare agencies are violating the law, despite the hysterial lies spread by people like yourself.

In reply to an earlier comment

Doc Browning Written by Doc Browning
July 12, 2017
Has "Dale Ruff" also commented that illegal aliens did not vote in the last three POTUS elections?
Doc Browning Written by Doc Browning
July 12, 2017
The idea that no evidence exists that welfare agencies have violated the law is incredibly ignorant of the facts. Obama´s racism plagued welfare agencies throughout the US and has been corrected only in sections of certain states. The democrat subterfuge continues in areas infested with democrat leadership.

77°F

New York

Partly Cloudy

Humidity: 57%

Wind: 7 mph

• 17 Aug 2017 80°F 68°F
  • 18 Aug 2017 81°F 73°F
Don't Forget To Like BlabberBuzz