Review Detail

This whole conflict has brought attention to the history, words and meaning behind the national anthem. If one examines it, we really should consider replacing it for a more unified position and a song that better represent a United America rather than the divided state we find ourselves in in 2017. To say the players "lack the brain capacity" to play football and make a political statement is the kind of rhetoric that will keep us divided and quarelling about an important issue for all Americans.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

13 results - showing 1 - 10  
1 2  
Ordering 

1 2  

Comments

1 2  
Ordering 

Tommy Tunez Written by Tommy Tunez
September 06, 2017
How about this - the players shut their mouths and stand during the National Anthem. If they want to opt out of the National Anthem they can leave the stadium and stay home. If not and they insist on making a political statement by refusing to stand then maybe the fans should start a nice boycott and force the teams to suspend or fire the players that want to bring politics into the stadium.
George Durdin Written by George Durdin
September 06, 2017
Vietta......get over it. The black community is less than 13% of our TOTAL population and have been surpassed by the number of Hispanics and yet create 90% of the noise, chaos, mayhem, violence and conflict in our country. We are not a country of minorities but of AMERICANS, no matter their race, color or creed. You are an American black and not just a black American. Try being positive for a change and put American before your race....just as I am an American Cherokee. STOP the "identity" politics propagated by Barack Obama that has divided our country in every way imaginable. There ARE black Americans that have taken advantage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act to improve their lot in life and are thankful for the opportunities given them. STOP feeling sorry for your race and start teaching them to be self sufficient and to help themselves. Get OVER the victim mentality, it is a dead end. IF you do not respect, support and love our Constitution, Bill of Rights, Federal and Immigration laws and our country then you are FREE, black and over 21 and surely can look for a country to migrate to. No one is holding you hostage here.......
In reply to an earlier comment

Vietta Robinson Written by Vietta Robinson
September 06, 2017
You really don't know me that well George. Actually I consider myself a Goddess. Speaking on behalf of the many feminine voices that have been suppressed by our Patriarchal war minded government and society. My dad played in the NFL in 1949-1953 so I've lived football most of my life. My Dad (92 yrs old) and I see this conflict similarly. I am never in Victim mode as i see that as a lack of consciousness of the past lifetimes that influence even this current journey. To have a national anthem written by a slave owner that promotes "bombs bursting in air", is outdated and does not speak to a generation that wants peace and harmony among it's citizens. My Native ancestors helped build this country so it' my right and privilege to carry on their legacies. The work continues on and off the football field. Shalom

September 06, 2017
With NFL players dieing early and committing suicide in record numbers because of brain injuries it's easy to see a change is needed. This controversy is just the beginning of a wakeup call for the owners, coaches and yes the million dollar slaves on the field. The battle is really among them first and then the fans can always make their voices heard. Either way a change is gonna come. Shalom

September 06, 2017
By the way, George, you may have noticed that the NFL is made up of 70% brown skins. If you think they don't have a right to speak up about issues they are concerned about in their lives/communities (after all this started as a protest against the police violence against minorities)even on the football field, then you're out of touch with the minds/hearts/emotions of the players who are adored and lifted up to entertain their loving fans. Time for a change????

September 06, 2017
By the way Tommy, that's the typical attitude of the slave master, keep your mouth shut and just obey the master (NFL). That's why William Rhoden, New York Sports Columnist wrote the book "Million Dollar Slave". Yes they pay them alot of money but they're also dieing early and suffering later in life. At what price????

Herbert Portnoy Written by Herbert Portnoy
September 06, 2017
I agree...football is an all American game and the scum that won't stand for our nationsal anthem should be banned from the game!

Herbert Portnoy Written by Herbert Portnoy
September 06, 2017
Great comment George!!

September 06, 2017
Scum???!!!! Really Herbert? As long as they're throwing and catching balls, tackling each other and destroying their brains they're great athletes who entertain well. Start a protest that makes most of the fans uncomfortable and they become Scum!????? Now that's just the All American Attitude that needs to come out to show the real face and attituded of Football fans. Cheers to you and all the others who are uncomfortable with the protest. Change is hard when you've been sitting with beer in hand for years enjoying the entertainment. Let the awakening continue!! Shalom

James Dionne Written by James Dionne
September 06, 2017
The NFL players are slaves? Where is the gun pointed to their head? If the players do not want to pay football - there are other forms of employment they can pursue.

What are the players protesting - SPECIFICALLY? I don't recall the protest having anything to do with head trauma or brain injury.
1 2  

73°F

New York

Mostly Cloudy

Humidity: 73%

Wind: 18 mph

• 21 Sep 2017 82°F 70°F
  • 22 Sep 2017 79°F 65°F
Don't Forget To Like BlabberBuzz