Log in
Tuesday, 12 September 2017 22:19

2 more Americans confirmed to have suffered health attacks in Cuba

Written by  CBS News

WASHINGTON -- Two more Americans have been confirmed to be affected by unexplained health attacks against U.S. diplomats in Cuba, the United States said Tuesday, raising the total number of victims to 21.

Some US diplomats in Cuba diagnosed with serious health conditions, medical records show

The additional two individuals appear to be cases that were only recently reported but occurred in the past. The State Department said no new, medically confirmed "incidents" have taken place since the most recent one in late August. Earlier this month, the U.S. disclosed there had been another incident in August after previously saying the attacks had stopped.

It's possible the number could grow even higher as more cases are discovered. State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said the U.S. continues to assess American personnel.

The U.S. citizens were members of the American diplomatic community, the U.S. said. Officials have said previously that the incidents, deemed "health attacks" by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, affected diplomats posted to the Embassy in Havana along with family members who live with them.

The U.S. didn't say how serious the newly disclosed incidents were. But the State Department said it was providing "the best possible medical evaluation and care" throughout the ordeal, including aid from a medical officer on staff at the embassy.

Read more at CBS News
Last modified on Tuesday, 12 September 2017 22:39

User comments

1 comments

View most helpful

Odummy is applauding every time he hears about an American suffering at his hands!! His Mooslime Terrorist brothers are giving him another man for his harem!!!

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

71°F

New York

Mostly Clear

Humidity: 74%

Wind: 4 mph

  • 25 Sep 2017 84°F 71°F
  • 26 Sep 2017 80°F 69°F
Don't Forget To Like BlabberBuzz