Log in
Thursday, 06 April 2017 14:28

Climate Change Irony

Written by  Michael Morris

Approximately one year ago, on April 7, 2016, CEI received a memorable, hand-delivered envelope from U.S. Virgin Islands Attorney General Claude Walker. It wasn’t a note congratulating Kent Lassman on his very new (two days old, to be precise) position as CEI’s president.

No, it was a subpoena, issued under the Virgin Islands’ “baby RICO” statute, demanding a full decade’s worth of CEI documents on its energy and climate policy work. Those documents contained not just our internal deliberations, but also information about our supporters’ identities.

All in all, we really would have preferred that note for Kent.

Walker’s subpoena was part of a campaign that New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman had launched only a week before at a Manhattan press conference, showcased by Al Gore and attended by about 16 other state AGs or their representatives. The campaign’s stated purpose was to investigate how the fossil fuel industry and global warming skeptics had allegedly deceived the public about the risks of climate change. Schneiderman’s coalition called itself “AGs United for Clean Power”; a better name would have been “AGs United for More Power.”

That April 7th was a pretty hectic day for us, and so were the days and weeks afterward.

Read more at CNSNews

User comments

3 comments

View most helpful

Gore is a jet-fuel guzzeling con-man.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Al Gore's voodoo science has been shown to be nothing more than an elaborate hoax, that liberals used to rip off taxpayers for billions of dollars and line the pockets of these crooks. Real Climatologists laugh at this phony science.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Simply. The oceans cover 67% of the Earth's surface. They produce 96% of all Green House Gases. Excuse me that leaves 4% for volcanoes, earthquakes, natural disasters and finally man. Does this make anyone realize how stupid Al Gore, the media, the entertainment field. and the leftist political party called the Democrats (socialists and communists) are?

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

53°F

New York

Rain

Humidity: 96%

Wind: 32 mph

  • 25 Apr 2017 55°F 52°F
  • 26 Apr 2017 63°F 54°F
×
Don't Forget To Like BlabberBuzz